[QGIS-Developer] Questions of a newbie starting with QGIS Server

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Apr 20 11:23:56 PDT 2022

Hi Harrissou,

I think your pretty close :-)

Some remarks from the times I installed on Windows:
- I used a vanilla apache installer from https://www.apachelounge.com/
- indeed used the httpd.conf from osgeo4w to set all paths and env vars, VERY convenient
- are you sure the Qt vs qt is an issue? Thought Windows paths were not case sensitive?

The GDAL_DATA path you will need when you use for example the ECW or other drivers
QGIS_AUTH_DB_DIR_PATH is maybe only needed when you have a project which uses authentication profiles? Others?

When you have a WMS/WFS server running normally you do not have a web app yet.
You either use the WMS of WFS as datasource in QGIS (or other clients)
or you use OpenLayer/Leaflet to create an app in a browser using javascript.

Alessandro also created a landing page for WFS3/OGC API:
https://docs.qgis.org/3.22/en/docs/server_manual/services/ogcapif.html
but I found that sometimes tricky to setup...

Maybe others can share more info/experience

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde