[QGIS-Developer] PR Review Request for Layout Scalebar Data Overrides

Ethan Snyder Ethan.Snyder at rve.com
Thu Apr 28 06:25:03 PDT 2022

Hello Devs:

        I worked on adding data defined overrides to the layout scalebar item, and has passed all the checks and is now waiting review.

        This feature is something that I'm missing when I make map books (which I do a lot) when the atlas layer is not a regular grid (which is more often than not), and I need the scalebar fixed segment size to be very particular based off the map scale. When implementing this, I decided to add overrides for not just the single field that I needed, but the other probably common items including the number of segments to the left and right, the fixed width of a single segment (which is what I needed), and the min/max segment size settings.

        https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/48314

        I look forward to working more with the QGIS code base and adding more features.
        This is only the beginning.

Thank you for your time,

Ethan Snyder
GIS/GPS Technician
Remington & Vernick Engineers, Inc.
DISCLAIMER: This message and any documents attached may contain confidential information and are intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent authorized to received for the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail and any attached documents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender at Remington & Vernick Engineers by replying to this e-mail and delete the original e-mail and any reply e-mail messages from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Thank you.