[QGIS-Developer] I'm running a supported QGIS versino according to the roadmap ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed May 18 13:28:33 PDT 2022

On Wed, May 18, 2022 at 06:54:49PM +0200, Jürgen E. Fischer via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> Hi Sandro,
>
> On Wed, 18. May 2022 at 16:08:39 +0200, Sandro Santilli via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> > Reading that page I still don't undertand how to tell if what I'm
> > running is a "supported version". Isn't it too much burden on the bug
> > reporter shoulder to figure that out ? Why isn't enough to just
> > ask for the actual version ?
>
> Changed "current releases" to "currently supported releases" and added a link
> on the bug reporting page to the roadmap
> (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/commit/46886162332431a8ccb4ed269deedee44046c6a5)
>
> The user should verify that an issue is present in a current release or master.
> That is the latest LTR and the latest release (and the previous LTR, if the
> latest LTR is the latest release). Issues about older releases should not be
> filed.

Will this set (other than master branch) be all in green ?
I'm looking for a way to make it easier for the user to verify what
we're asking to verify. The current wording in the template is:

  "Each month, there is a new release of QGIS. According to the release
  schedule, you should at least be running a supported QGIS version."

Does that mean we want the user to check the checkbox (at the moment)
ONLY if they are running 3.24.2 or 3.22.6 (or "master") ?

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/.github/ISSUE_TEMPLATE/10_bug_report.yml

If "master" is supported, should also the current branch associated
to latest LTR be considered one of the the "currently supported release" ?

--strk;