[QGIS-Developer] Question about proj data files in the QGIS application folder

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 01:25:32 PST 2022

Hello Luca,

Yes, QGIS uses it for do precise coordinate system translations. Your users
may not use all of them, but I would avoid removing it.

You say you don't use MSI, but why don't you use the OsGeo4w installer?
It's much more convenient for larger organizations. You can do a download
only installation to get all packages into a network drive folder, then
reuse that folder for all installations in the users machines.

Also, to update QGIS, all you need is to run the installer again and it
will only download the updated packages instead of all packages. Again,
first installation will fetch any needed packages, the following machines
will just reuse it.

Alexandre Neto
User Support
www.qcooperative.net

A terça, 8/11/2022, 08:34, Luca Manganelli via QGIS-Developer <