[QGIS-Developer] QGIS Plugin crash

Jose Antonio Fernandez Martin jose.fernandez.martin at juntadeandalucia.es
Wed Nov 23 02:52:42 PST 2022

Hello everyone,

my name is Jose and I have just suscribed to this mailing list.
Apologies if my English is not very accurate, as I don't practice it
very often here in Spain :-)

My organization is having problems when using QGIS 3.14.15 with the
"SIGPAC downloader" plugin. And I haven't found any bug tracker for that
specific plugin so according to the QGIS Plugin page I should report the
problem on this list. Upgrading to QGIS 3.22 doesn't solve the problem.

The first issue comes when the plugin is installed. An error says "The
plugin 'sigpac_downloader' could not be loaded because an error ocurred
when calling the classFactory method" (translated from my spanish
version of QGIS)

The full error trace is provided in the attached document
"SIGPACDownloader_install.txt"

However there is apparently one workaround to that issue, you just have
to select "reinstall" plugin and it finishes ok. After re-entering QGIS,
the plugin is loaded and the menu entry appears in the "plugins" menu
entry.

But the real problem comes when trying to use the plugin: The SIGPAC
Downloader window opens and says you have to accept the Terms Of Use.
When clicking on the proper button, a new window opens with blank
content (nothing is loaded) and after a few seconds the QGIS "Unexpected
Error" window appears suggesting to report the crash and quit the
program. The crash report is enclosed in this email as "stack.txt"

Some relevant information about our QGIS settings: An HTTP Proxy is used
for web connections, so the server, port, username and password are set
in order to access the plugin repository.

Looking forward to read from you.

Kid regards,

Jose.