[QGIS-Developer] DWG/DXF QGIS on Linux/Debian

Johannes Kröger (WhereGroup) johannes.kroeger at wheregroup.com
Thu Jul 13 00:31:22 PDT 2023

Hi Matteo,

I assume that those are provided via GDAL. Check
https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/ for how to get a GDAL that supports them.

https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/cad.html sounds like you need to make
sure that your GDAL was compiled with its internal libopencad or you
could use https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/oda.html

Good luck!

Hannes

Am 13.07.23 um 09:10 schrieb Matteo Ghetta via QGIS-Developer:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm on a Debian testing fresh machine and with both QGIS 3.28 from
> package and master compiled I cannot import DWG/DXF. This is the error
> I get:
>
> Drawing import failed (unsupported version. Cannot read AutoCAD
> 2018/2019/2020 documents.)
>
> I don't remember if there is a procedure on Linux (Debian) to compile
> QGIS with a driver that allows to import those formats.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion!
>
> Matteo

Johannes Kröger / GIS-Entwickler/-Berater

Aufwind durch Wissen!
Web-Seminare und Online-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com

WhereGroup GmbH