[QGIS-Developer] It is possible to protect qgisserver's wms service using authentication?

Germán Carrillo carrillo.german at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 19:11:29 PDT 2023

Hi Francisco,

I show in detail how to set up basic Apache authentication for QGIS Server
(using a Python plugin) in this post:

https://geotux.tuxfamily.org/2019/05/07/accediendo-a-datos-de-qgis-server-con-base-en-roles-de-usuario/

The post is in Spanish and is based on Windows, you would need to
find analogue configurations for Apache in the operating system you're
using, which should be doable.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Germán

El mar, 11 jul 2023 a las 6:46, Francisco Danubio Salas Rosette via
QGIS-Developer (<qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>) escribió:

> Thank you very much, I will take it into account for the qgisserver
> services that I want to give,
>
> Regards,
>
> El lun, 10 jul 2023 a las 11:25, Etienne Trimaille (<
> etienne.trimaille at gmail.com>) escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's something you can do in front of QGIS server. QGIS server is not
>> connected to any ACL system by default.
>>
>> Or you can write a QGIS server plugin to add the authentication :
>>
>> https://docs.qgis.org/3.28/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/server.html#access-control-filters
>>
>> Or some open source webgis based on QGIS server are providing this
>> feature out of the box : Lizmap, QWC2,... and others as well
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Le ven. 7 juil. 2023 à 22:22, Francisco Danubio Salas Rosette via
>> QGIS-Developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> a écrit :
>>
>>> I have QGIS Server 3.22 running on a server with OS Debian 11, I can
>>> request the wms service from QGIS correctly, but at no time do I establish
>>> authentication credentials. Is it possible to configure QGISSERVER so that
>>> it is mandatory to add the authentication credentials?
>>> thank you so much.
>>>  Francisco

   |\__
(:>__)(