[QGIS-Developer] pandas not included in 3.30.0 RC Windows installer

Joeri van Engelen Joeri.vanEngelen at deltares.nl
Tue Mar 28 01:35:04 PDT 2023

Hi,

We're developing and maintaining a plugin heavily relying on the Python package 'pandas'.
About ~98% of our users are using Windows.
Pandas was included in the Windows RC and LTR installers versions at least from versions 3.18 to 3.28,
(and probably even before that https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/32212 ).

With the OSGeo4W installer, users had to make sure to python3-pandas was installed by checking the right box themselves,
but this was no issue for us, since we saw this as an installation procedure for more advanced users.

It seems that pandas has been dropped in the 3.30 RC installer.
https://github.com/Deltares/imod-qgis/issues/30#issuecomment-1485262436
Which creates a hurdle for our new users, who are new to QGIS
(more complex installation procedure with the OSGeo4W installer).

My questions therefore are:

  *   Was it a conscious decision to drop the pandas package from the RC installer? Or an accident?
  *   If conscious, what were the reasons to do this? (just out of interest)

Cheers,

Joeri van Engelen
Unit Subsurface and Groundwater Systems
Department of Groundwater Management
Deltares
Daltonlaan 600, Utrecht

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.