[QGIS-Developer] pandas not included in 3.30.0 RC Windows installer

Benjamin Jakimow benjamin.jakimow at geo.hu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 28 23:37:34 PDT 2023

Hi Joeri,

I just checked the OSGeo4W Network installer
(https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#osgeo4w-installer)
where pandas it still available:

Grertings,

Benjamin

Am 28.03.2023 um 10:35 schrieb Joeri van Engelen via QGIS-Developer:

> Hi,
>
> We’re developing and maintaining a plugin heavily relying on the
> Python package ‘pandas’.
>
> About ~98% of our users are using Windows.
>
> Pandas was included in the Windows RC and LTR installers versions at
> least from versions 3.18 to 3.28,
>
> (and probably even before that
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/32212 ).
>
> With the OSGeo4W installer, users had to make sure to python3-pandas
> was installed by checking the right box themselves,
>
> but this was no issue for us, since we saw this as an installation
> procedure for more advanced users.
>
> It seems that pandas has been dropped in the 3.30 RC installer.
>
> https://github.com/Deltares/imod-qgis/issues/30#issuecomment-1485262436
>
> Which creates a hurdle for our new users, who are new to QGIS
>
> (more complex installation procedure with the OSGeo4W installer).
>
> My questions therefore are:
>
>   * Was it a conscious decision to drop the pandas package from the RC
>     installer? Or an accident?
>   * If conscious, what were the reasons to do this? (just out of interest)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joeri van Engelen
>
> _______________________________________
>
> *Unit Subsurface and Groundwater Systems*
>
> /Department of Groundwater Management/
>
> Deltares
>
> Daltonlaan 600, Utrecht
>
> DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s)
> and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are
> not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and
> destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this
> message is strictly prohibited. The foundation 'Stichting Deltares',
> which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration
> Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences
> and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely
> dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.

Dr. Benjamin Jakimow
Earth Observation Lab | Geography Department | Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin

e-mail:benjamin.jakimow at geo.hu-berlin.de

phone:  +49 (0) 30 2093 6846
mobile: +49 (0) 157 5656 8477
fax:    +49 (0) 30 2093 6848
mail:   Unter den Linden 6 | 10099 Berlin | Germany
room: 2'211
matrix: @jakimowb:hu-berlin.de
web:https://hu-berlin.de/eo-lab