[QGIS-Developer] QtCreator QGIS debugging not showing values

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 02:24:51 PDT 2023

On Fri, 31 Mar 2023, 7:17 pm Richard Duivenvoorde via QGIS-Developer, <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> Trying to look into one of my own issues (wrong timestep count for mesh
> layers #48942), I fail to see the values of variables in QtCreator see
> screendump.
> I tried to fiddle with Debuggers (gdb -> lldb), helpers, gdb properties
> (Load system GDB pretty printers) etc etc. But I fail to see anything. Or
> getting frequent qgis crashes from withing qtcreator...
>
> Does this 'just work' with others? Or is everybody on Fedora now, or
> should I learn to debug from terminal :-)?
> Any clue for me?

It's a bug in qt creator with newer python versions. See
https://bugreports.qt.io/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/QTCREATORBUG-28659

There's a patch in that ticket which you can apply (doesn't require
compiling) which resolves it.

Nyall