[QGIS-Developer] Backward compatibility for style in project files between QGIS versions

FERRATON Alain (Adjoint au chef de groupe) - SG/DNUM/MSP/DS/GSG alain.ferraton at developpement-durable.gouv.fr
Wed May 3 01:53:44 PDT 2023

Hi Etienne,

It is normal that backwards compatibility of projects is generally not
guaranteed.

However, if it can be done with little effort, especially for highly
visible functionalities such as style, it can be an important advantage
to motivate our services to migrate to the latest LTR version in a
progressive manner (and thus with a temporarily heterogeneous version
park).

Alain
---
Alain FERRATON

Adjoint au chef de groupe
MSP/DS/GSG
Direction du numérique | Secrétariat général

MAN 7, rue René Viviani 44200 NANTES
Bureau : MAN étage 1 plateau B
Tel : +33 240128408 - Mobile : +33 671794593
www.ecologie.gouv.fr [1]

 		Secrétariat général

 MINISTÈRES
TRANSITION ÉCOLOGIQUE