[QGIS-Developer] Qgis 3.34.4 LTR ?

Nick Bearman nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 01:20:04 PST 2024

Hi Régis, Luca, list,

I think some of the confusion might be over the term of "Release". I
read this as release of the binaries, i.e. something we can download and
install from the QGIS website as a user. From what you said Luca, it
seems you view "Release" as release of the source code before packaging
into binaries. Do I understand this correctly?

I've always found the Road Map page slightly confusing. Is there space
on the website for a "simpler" explanation of this process somewhere?
Yes, I am happy to have a go at writing a first draft!

Also - I think the release process is complicated by OSGeo4W Network
installer. I used this to install both LTR and current versions of QGIS
yesterday (26th Feb) and got 3.36.0 (branded as Release Candidate) and
3.34.3 (branded at LTR) which I think is a bit ahead of the game.

I think Kurt's post on LinkedIn
(https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7167793362815717376/)
may have also made some people this 3.36 is available when it is not.

Hope this is useful!

Best wishes,
Nick.

On 27/02/2024 08:58, Régis Haubourg via QGIS-Developer wrote:
> Hi Luca, as always, there is a delay between source code releases
> events, and the packaging can only start, as per
> https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/roadmap.html#release
>
> QGIS website indicates that packaging is on its way.
>
> Official communication including the changelog and binaries are on
> their way.
>
> How do you think we could improve our communication to clarify this ?
> You are not the only one asking, so I think we still have work to
> improve.
>
> Le mar. 27 févr. 2024 à 09:40, Luca Manganelli via QGIS-Developer
> <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> a écrit :
>
>     Good morning,
>
>     according to the QGIS roadmap, I see that the 3.34 LTR release is
>     on 23th february, but on the site I see that the latest LTR is
>     still 3.28

>     Comune di Trento
>
>     via Belenzani, 19 - 38122 Trento | C.F e P. IVA: 00355870221
>
>     tel. +39 0461.884111 | www.comune.trento.it
>     <http://www.comune.trento.it>

>     *Informativa privacy*
>     I dati contenuti nella presente e-mail sono raccolti e trattati
>     nel rispetto del Regolamento UE 2016/679 (GDPR). Gli interessati
>     possono rivolgersi in qualsiasi momento al Titolare del
>     trattamento, Comune di Trento, per esercitare i diritti previsti
>     dal GDPR. I dati di contatto del RPD e del Titolare oltre che
>     l’informativa completa sono disponibili al link
>     https://www.comune.trento.it/ sotto la voce “Privacy”.
>     Si precisa inoltre che le informazioni contenute nel presente
>     messaggio, e negli eventuali allegati, sono riservate e per uso
>     esclusivo del destinatario. In caso di ricezione dello stesso per
>     errore, siete pregati di informare immediatamente il mittente e di
>     cancellarlo dal vostro archivio, in conformità con quanto disposto
>     dall'art. 17 del GDPR. Ogni trattamento della presente mail che
>     non sia quello del destinatario reale è inteso come non
>     autorizzato dal mittente. Inoltre, in quanto non destinatari
>     reali, Vi informiamo che il mittente si oppone alla copia, la
>     diffusione e la rivelazione anche parziale dei dati in esso
>     contenuti alle persone non autorizzate dal medesimo, in virtù di
>     quanto disposto dall'art. 21 del GDPR.

Nick Bearman
+44 (0) 7717745715
nick at geospatialtrainingsolutions.co.uk

Please let me know if I can make any adjustments related to disability or neurodivergence to improve how we interact.

Due to my own life/work balance, you may get emails from me outside of normal working hours. Please do not feel any pressure to respond outside of your own working pattern.