[QGIS-Developer] Running unit tests without "make install"

Thomas Larsen Wessel mrvelle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 21:42:01 PST 2024

When you guys run these tests locally, do they all pass?

After some fiddling I have removed some errors, caused by incorrect build
setup. But I still have  19 failing tests.

2 - checkGitStatus (Failed)
22 - ProcessingGrass7AlgorithmsRasterTestPt2 (Failed)
24 - ProcessingOtbAlgorithmsTest (Failed)
46 - test_core_compositionconverter (Failed)
108 - test_core_layoutpicture (Failed)
177 - test_core_settingsentry (Failed)
280 - test_gui_filedownloader (Subprocess aborted)
288 - test_gui_featurelistcombobox (Subprocess aborted)
298 - test_gui_queryresultwidget (Subprocess aborted)
302 - test_3d_3drendering (Failed)
309 - test_3d_mesh3drendering (Failed)
332 - test_provider_wcsprovider (Failed)
413 - PyQgsAnnotation (Failed)
489 - PyQgsExternalStorageWebDav (Failed)
490 - PyQgsExternalStorageAwsS3 (Failed)
600 - PyQgsMapCanvas (Failed)
601 - PyQgsMapCanvasAnnotationItem (Failed)
672 - PyQgsProcessExecutablePt1 (Failed)
673 - PyQgsProcessExecutablePt2 (Failed)

I think I understand checkGitStatus and can safely ignore that one. But
what about the rest? Is it "normal" that so many tests fail when running
tests locally?

Would any of these tests give a different result if I first ran "make
install"?

Im running Ubuntu 22.04, and installed all dependencies via APT as advised
in the qgis build docs. I built QGIS release-3_34 from source and am now
trying to test that build, by running "ctest".