[QGIS-Developer] Strange Mysql (spatial) behaviour: no points visible

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jan 16 11:07:48 PST 2024

No hints :-) ?

I now have a live connection to the db, and can reproduce the issue here in master on Linux too.

It's really strange: have a local db, I can even copy features from the attribute table to my local table, and THEN they show up

ogrinfo shows exactly the same information of the db ( using -so).

coordinates are fine too:

select coord, ST_AsWKT(coord) from tblQgisProjecten tqp limit 1

coord                                    |ST_AsWKT(coord)                         |
-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------------+
POINT (168937.186906043 175180.302889316)|POINT(168937.186906043 175180.302889316)|

could it be in char encoding, or in a strange attribute value? We already tried to create a simple view with only coord and ID, but that did not show something either.

As I cannot share the connection info, I'm happy to share my screen or so to show this.

SELECT version();
version()|
8.0.34-26|

but is an upgraded db, not sure where it came from

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde