[QGIS-Developer] QGIS-Website write permissions

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jan 25 01:27:28 PST 2024

I've noticed a change request I submitted for the QGIS Website [1]
has gone unnoticed for 1 week now and thus I wondered what's
the contribution policy is for that repo and didn't find an answer
in the top-level README.md file [2].

I went looking for other PRs and found one by Harrissou Sant-anna
which is from November 2023 and also only commented by himself [3].
His PR seems good to me but I cannot merge it. I've approved it
by review but still it's not mergeable by myself.

GitHub UI tells me that only those "with write access to this
repository" can merge pull requests but the "write acces" link
points to a generic page [4] which doesn't tell me who they are.

Moving to the organization level I see there are 3 "teams" [5]
called "Community", "QGIS Developers" and "QGIS security". I belong
to the "QGIS Developers" team, which lets me merge PRs in the QGIS
application repository [6] if they are reviewed.

So to the point: is there a document which fully describe the
governance rules of the various repositories ? I'd think such
document would be good to be more easily accessible from the README
files of each repository to simplify onboarding of new (and life
of old) contributors.

Thank you for any pointer to help me improve the transparency
of the project.

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/pull/1218
[2] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/README.md
[3] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/pull/1208