[QGIS-Developer] Questions about PyQGIS Cookbook documentation

afernandez afernandez at odyhpc.com
Thu Mar 14 08:20:11 PDT 2024

Hello,
Firstly, I'm not sure if this is the appropiate list for questions about
the PyQGIS Cookbook and I apologize if that is not the case. I have 2
questions about the content for chapter 6 dedicated to vector layers (just
for clarification I'm using the documentation for v3.34).
Q1 - For QgsCategorizedSymbolRenderer, the snippet details how to define
the categories but it doesn't have a snippet detailing how to use the
renderer. I tried following the snippet/example for rendering with
QgsGraduatedSymbolRenderer but it doesn't render anything. Including
something similar for QgsCategorizedSymbolRenderer could be useful.
Q2 - There is no discussion of QgsEmbeddedSymbolRenderer in the Cookbook so
I was wondering if that might be included in future editions.
Thanks.