[QGIS-Developer] GDAL processing algorithms issues due the default output layer extensions weirdly changed

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Thu Mar 14 09:12:46 PDT 2024

I've recently seen 3 other reports from as many users [1] [2] [3] using
QGIS 3.36 and QGIS 3.34 about the same issue which completely disrupts
the functionality of the GDAL processing algorithms.

Maybe the fix could be to just totally avoid to use the "-1" value as
the default for the "Default output [vector|raster] layer extension" and
use the value 0 instead. I don't have enough knowledge of the settings
logic to propose a fix, anyway I think it would be great if the
underlying root cause of the issue could be fixed ASAP.

Best regards.

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/issues/56588
[2]
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/478050/raster-to-vector-bunch-of-errors/