[Qgis-psc] Spanish FOSS4G + QGIS Int. Conf. + QGIS Hack Fest

Lluís Vicens lluis at sigte.udg.es
Mon Dec 14 07:08:45 PST 2015

On 08/12/15 16:05, Tim Sutton wrote:

[...]

Hi all,

My responses in line:

> Ok thanks.
>
> So I think the main thing I need is:
>
> For the hackfest
>
> * url and details for the conference page

http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/

This is the web page of the "10th Jornadas de SIG Libre" + "2nd
International QGIS User and Dev Conference". Today we have launched the
website, so we are starting to disseminate it using our communication
channels, in Spanish. Tomorrow we will send another wave of emails for
international audience of QGIS and for those who can be interested to
attend the QGIS events in May.

Please, if you can prepare a short explanation about "what is a QGIS
Hack Fest", to briefly announce the event, please send it to me in order
to put this information in the website. We just need a short
introduction because in the upcoming weeks we will inform about all the
details.

> * url etc. for the monastery

http://www.santdaniel.com/ca/

The English URL is under construction. I'm sorry. In any case, if you
need to know anything, please let us know and we will give you all the
answers.

> * url etc. for the hostel

http://www.xanascat.cat/choosehostellang.tjc?id=237&lang=en&index=7

In the following days we will also send you information about some
hotels and other accommodation possibilities nearby to the hack fest venue.

> * will you handle registrations via your conference registration for
> the hackfest or should we do that separately?

We think that the best option is to do it in some sense, separately. I
mean, there will be a registration form with the following options:

a) Jornadas de SIG Libre (100€) (Spanish)
b) Jornadas de SIG Libre + Workshops (150€) (Spanish)
b) QGIS Conference + Workshops (150€) (English)
c) Jornadas de SIG Libre + QGIS Conference + Workshops (200€) (Spanish /
English)

Everyone interested in attending any of the conferences, should register
themselves in any of the options above. Those interested also in
participating in the hack meeting, they will be redirected to a
different link to be treated individually.

Considering that we (as organization) can assume some free passes (i.e
30-40), those hack fest developers that will attend the QGIS Conference,
will receive a free pass. Then, as soon as you confirm that a developer
will effectively participate in both the conference as in the hack fest,
we can change his/her profile in the registered database from "Regular
attendant" to "Guest", so no payment will be necessary.

In the upcoming days I will send you more information on this.

> For the conference:
>
> * Venue details

In the upcoming days I will facilitate the room capacities.

> * Sign up etc. details for possible attendees

More details in the upcoming days.

> * Outward link to the workshop registrations etc which we will
> establish, or host the workshop registration on your conference
> software page if it is able
> * Clarification of how the costings and potential profit sharing would
> work, probably easiest for Andreas (QGIS treasurer) and your treasurer
> to collaborate on this stuff
Gemma Pons, a colleague herein the SIGTE, will contact Andreas to start
clarifying all these issues. I think this is the bes way to proceed in
order to save time.

> * Confirmation if the workshop presenters need to pay to attend or if
> we can offer them a free pass?

The workshops presenters will have a "free pass", as it normally happens
in our Conference in Girona. The things run on that order:

a) Call for workshops
b) Proposals reviewing
c) Acceptance notification
d) Publish Workshops program
e) Open registrations (workshop presenters can avoid this process
because we will register them directly from the organization).

> * Indication of how many rooms and capacity of rooms there will be so
> that we can plan a workshop programme and some plenary talks.

In the upcoming days I will facilitate all these kind of details. Don't
worry.

By the way, as we will be in charge of doing the call for workshops and
call for papers, and collecting all the proposals, I'm going to contact
some of you to be part of the scientific committee, in order to evaluate
the most interesting papers and projects, to be presented during the
conference. Lene is already a candidate... :)