[Qgis-psc] Moving tickets to GitHub - status update?

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 03:52:27 PDT 2016

I agree with all the above points being raising the pro favor. Every
developer that I have talked to about the move seems fine with it, even
with a little bit of data loss (maybe that isn't a bad thing).

These are my main reasons

- Others use it so it's a bit of a standard, same reason we use git.
- We are happy on GitHub for other things (it's not really vendor lock in
when you can export you data)
- Other service integration is a lot stronger, Travis, PRs, Trello, etc.
- Linking tickets to milestones etc
- Phone application support - I know this is not big for some but for those
that are on the move a lot it is handy at times.
- It's a lot easier to use for new users (because it's in their best
interest to make it like that)
- We don't have to worry about up time or maintaining anything. You can
clone tickets local if you need them offline
- Generally I just feel it's a better platform for this kind of thing.

- Nathan