[Qgis-psc] Voting for grants

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Sat May 30 01:21:50 PDT 2020

Hi Régis,

Hope you are well and recovered fully :)

I don't have the exact number, but comparing the votes from previous years
and the number of QGIS user groups is a good indicator.

Losing voting rights was just an idea to nudge more participation. There
are other methods of persuading more engagement (announcing monthly/yearly
most active user groups, asking a local chapter to write a blog post/case
study, QGIS.org sponsoring  local chapter meetups, ...).

In terms of having it fair and unbiased, I think Nyall's proposal to limit
one vote per organisation seems very reasonable and easier to implement.
Kind regards
Saber

On Fri, 29 May 2020 at 20:52, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at oslandia.com>
wrote:

> Hi Saber,
>

> On 29/05/2020 21:33, Saber Razmjooei wrote:
>
> Hi Even,
>
> People can vote for other proposals except not from theirs and their
> organisation. Looking through previous years voting, it would be better to
> persuade more active participation especially from QGIS User Group. This
> can be done:
> - Better communicating the proposals and asking them to circulate it
> through their users: blog posts, social media, etc
>
> Yes, for sure this is a good idea. I will try to push more discussion in
> France. Do you have statistics of user groups having missed a vote?- If
> they fail to vote on X number of occasions, they will be removed as a
> voting member for Y years/until a formal request....

Well, I gently disagree. The voting culture is different between countries,

Saber Razmjooei
www.lutraconsulting.co.uk