[Qgis-tr] Minimum of translation before publishing a doc?

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 13:27:09 PST 2016

Hi Richard and Alexandre,

I fully share the idea that seeing English strings instead of your
language's may lead people begin translating. It worked for me so let's
hope it still works
.
And I'm not that bothered, Richard. You are the guy who manages the doc
builds so if you say "it's ok" there should obviously be no reason I'd be
more troubled :).Actually I often browse french and english docs so never
really paid attention to what happened in other languages.
But I came to this concern while tackling https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-
Documentation/pull/1460: listing which languages were available and
browsing, out of curiousity, their pages (and contributions) made me a bit
puzzled: some languages were almost English and available languages are not
always the most active.
So I ended up looking for a reason why Hindi (with 0% translated, so far
from the 10% you mentioned) is published. It Seems you gave some
explanation (though you do not have so many "other" characters given the
current status of this doc). But as I'm also obsessed by equity, I wonder
now why would "some" other languages (better ranked than "hindi" (>6%) -
Turkish, Czech, Bulgarian...) not be proposed to their speakers.
But maybe should I let native people judge if they request their language
publication....

Harrissou (still looking into translations processes)