[Qgis-user] WMTS

Jonathan Moules jonathanmoules at warwickshire.gov.uk
Fri Aug 2 04:29:18 PDT 2013

Hi Andreas,
Yep, it's a local URL; that hostname is on our local DNS for our mapping
systems. The URL is correct; it works fine in ArcMap as noted.

My QGIS cannot connect to the internet so I can't test with external
datasets; QGIS's proxy setup doesn't like our proxy.

I held off reporting as a bug because I didn't know if I was doing
something wrong and there's no error.
Can other folks connect to a GeoServer WMTS?

Thanks,
Jonathan

On 2 August 2013 12:25, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> Are you sure that the URL is correct? It seems that this server is only
> available locally. At least it is not a publically available and correct
> URL.
>
> If you think there is a bug in QGIS, please write a bug report and provide
> a test URL.
>
> Andreas
>

> On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:51:55 +0100, Jonathan Moules wrote:
>
>> Thanks Andreas;
>>
>> I'd suggest changing the following text:
>> - Tooltip
>> - dialog header
>> - Help (may be changed, but my help doesn't load right now!)
>>
>> =====
>>
>> Beyond that, it doesn't seem to work. I add my connection
>> (http://compass/geoserver/gwc/**service/wmts<http://compass/geoserver/gwc/service/wmts>[8]), and then when I click
>>
>> "connect" it swaps to the "server search" tab. But there's nothing
>> listed. I didn't tick any of the boxes.
>>
>> GeoServer 2.3.4 WMTS.
>> ArcMap can connect to it, so I know it's not a problem with the WMTS.
>>
>> How do I get it to work?
>>
>> It does connect to my WMS fine.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jonathan
>>
>> On 2 August 2013 10:52, Andreas Neumann  wrote:
>>
>>  And this is already fixed in Master - see
>>> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/**8396 <http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8396> [5]
>>> - thanks to Jürgen.
>>>

>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:29:39 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi Jonathan,

>>> --
>>> --
>>> Andreas Neumann