[Qgis-user] error "Cannot zoom to selectet feature(s): No extent could be determined.""

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed May 13 06:56:46 PDT 2020

Hi,

Looks like the .shp (the geometries) no longer matches with the .dbf file (the data).  That file could be corrupted.  Did you manipulate the layer in an other software like ArcGIS, AutoCAD or  Mapinfo?  Did you delete objects?  Different programs have dif ways of erasing objects in shapefiles and that can lead to errors of this sort.  I would also check your hard drive for other errors?   This could be a simple HD error or the beginning of the end of a hard drive. You can look at the drive SMART status also.

My first reaction would be to try exporting the file in an other format or with another name and see what happens.

Nicolas Cadieux
Ça va bien aller!