[Qgis-user] QGIS data source speed profiling

Hugh Kelley hghklly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 06:59:29 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I have a number of qgis files with a layers pulling datasets from a variety
of sources that include local and shared drive files, shp, gpkg, tiff, and
a few more, postgres databases and web feature services and map tile
services.

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommended workflows or tools for
understanding the time required to refresh these layers. Some are faster
than others and I have suspicions but I'd like to be able to see actual
data confirming what I think are the slower layers.

It's complicated by the fact that some symbologies take longer to render
than others and that for non-local data sources, the connection speeds may
change.

Thanks for any suggestions. happy friday!

Hugh