[Qgis-user] QGIS data source speed profiling

Charles Dixon-Paver charles at kartoza.com
Fri Jul 23 08:36:15 PDT 2021

You can use the F12 key to access the developer tools which have a panel
for recording and monitoring network requests, as well as timing certain
operations for debug purposes.

One other trick I thought of to try was to use the label expression
epoch($now) on both a remote and local layer to show the time that an
expression is evaluated per layer which should give some indication of how
quickly a layer is available to QGIS. I then added a canvas decoration with
the same expression and every time I panned I could get the difference in
milliseconds between the layers. This actually kind of worked to my
surprise. Although not ideal it certainly should give you some sort of
feedback on vector layers and identify some of the slower layers.

Some of the members of the development list may have more sophisticated
methods available so I've copied that list into the response.

Regards