[SeasonOfDocs] The Good Docs Project status meeting 10 Jul summary

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 19:13:07 PDT 2019

Thanks Cameron for facilitating the meeting today. Here are my notes.
Please let me know if I have missed anything or captured it incorrectly.

Attendees

Becky, Cameron, Eric, Erin, Felicity, Jennifer, Jo

Discussion points

   - Write the Docs - Eric gave us a brief overview about the vision for
   the Write the Docs guide. Later he confirmed that he was happy for TGD
   project to take ownership of a section of the guide with a view to growing
   and expanding the role in future.
   - Licensing - We discussed different licences for the different aspects
   of the project (templates, documentation about the templates, code
   snippets, etc). We need a licence proposal to have something to take to
   lawyers to get it reviewed.
   - Hosting - We need a place to put initial content that we create. Until
   we know how TGD project is going to fit in with WTD, we will use the Github
   Org that Felicity created. She needs to send out invites. It was noted that
   this repo is going to need an appropriate licence in order for some folk to
   be able to contribute. For some, so long as it is a public repo with CC-By
   and no CLA, it should be fine.
   - Structure - We need to think about information architecture of TGD
   project. We know we're going to have templates, and information about them
   with reasons and goals, etc. Jo is going to have a go at creating a
   document with some headings to get us started with this.
   - Governance - We know it's important. Cameron proposed using the OSGeo
   model and CoC with a view to modifying them in future as required for our
   project.
   - Technology - this is a discussion point we  want to add as an agenda
   item for the next meeting and/or put out to the email list.

Action

Owner

Put together an outline of the content types and licenses we think we'll
need.

Erin

Create a document with some headings to get us started on the structure for
the project.

Jo

Put out to the mailing list a call for github handles and send invites to
TGD project organization on Github.

Felicity

Lift the governance model and Code of Conduct from OSGeo to use for TGD
project.

Cameron

Cheers

Felicity