[SoC] Week 9 report: Creation of a new GRASS GIS startup mechanism
L.Kladivova at seznam.cz
Sun Aug 2 04:03:03 PDT 2020
I am sending my report for Week 9 (July 27-August 2). The report can also be
found in the project wiki: https://trac.osgeo.org/…dow
1) What did I complete this week?
I added two icons avaliable in the context menu: download sample location,
create new location (see https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/830
(https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/830)). Currently I am working on 5
* Distinguish mapsets by ownership and lock in Data tab (see https://
I set new mapset node properties: lock and user: Our motion is that those
mapsets will be displayed in Data Catalog in gray and also distinguished by
labels. I have an error which is probably somehow relates to my new keys
definition, but do not know how to figure that out.
* Store list of databases in settings (see https://github.com/…842
Within this PR I made two functions for deleting grassdb from the disk and
removing grassdb from the tree. In this PR I also changed a bit checking if
wanted grassdb is not already added to Data Catalog. All these functions =
adding, removing and deleting grassdb change the wx file so that we can
remember which grass databases are in the Data Catalog. Saving grassdatabase
string to this file works but I have a problem when I starting GRASS GIS for
the second time it falls down because it does not probably like the edited
* An action should be required before modifying other mapsets (see
This PR is ready for review. I added checking of current mapsets and
location when deleting and renaming. The motion is that when Allow editing
mode is ON we are allowed to rename and delete any mapsets and locations
except current ones, if OFF no mapset or location can be renamed or deleted.
* Start in a demo/startup location (see https://github.com/…862
Here I made two functions startup_location_exists which checks for
demolocation and copy_startup_location which copy the simple location with
some data into GRASS database. I have a problem with testing that.
* Misleading lock symbol icon in the in the Data tab toolbar (see
I am not stuck here but need some feedback if the icons I suggested are
good, reasonable or something entirely different is needed.
2) What am I going to achieve for next week?
I am gonna end up those above-mentioned PRs. It was decided that the startup
screen is no longer used. It has changed quite significantly the next GSoC
steps. Now there are several issues related to the Data Catalog I am gonna
address. They come from Next steps in GSoC and beyond video call, July 15,
2020 written by Vaclav Petras (see https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/
* Check for gislock and other issues when deleting/renaming/editing
mapset and location in catalog (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/issues/
* Add buttons to add new things: Import into current mapset (also as a
context menu item on mapset, see below).
* Add context menu items: Import into mapset (like in File), Export map
(like in Layers)
* An icon for creating the new database
* Deleting more than one location
3) Is there any blocking issue?
No. It is not.
Any suggestions are welcome.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SoC