[OSGeo-Edu] "OSGeo Teach-in" event proposal

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Jun 23 12:50:25 EDT 2008

This relates closely to the earlier discussion we had on this list
about licensing material as "OSGeo approved" - as Gary Watry was
hoping for a while back.  In this "teach-in" idea it is also a "for
cost" course, but parts of the revenue would go back to OSGeo.

Without digging through the whole thread about Gary's material, can
anyone summarise where we left this?

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/edu_discuss/2006-August/000175.html
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/edu_discuss/2006-August/000212.html

I think the current curriculum collection process touches this too,
as we gather pointers to material we recognise as applicable.  But
what about in cases where the curriculum content is not necessarily
"open" but funding can come back to OSGeo and relevant courses can be
delivered to the broader communit.  That's probably what it will boil
down to from an Edu committee angle.

Please share any thoughts on the conference mailing list:

Tyler