[GeoNode-devel] Thumbnails and legend icons not being loaded and download link not working

Ramiz Sami ramizsami95 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 08:55:39 PST 2018

Dear Toni,

Thanks for your response. I checked the URL, it corresponds to the Public
URL and is only missing port 8080.
I also tried running python manage.py updatelayers, Following was the
response that I got:

Inspecting the available layers in GeoServer ...
Found 1 layers, starting processing
running configuration <ConfigParser.SafeConfigParser instance at
0x7f60b4db8ef0>
Setting language
/home/ubuntu/Envs/geonode/src/geonode/geonode/catalogue/backends/pycsw_local_mappings.py
Setting MaxRecordDefault
Querying repository with ids: 715d1bb2-0b72-11e9-99f5-0a80530f2042
Request processed
Writing response.
... Creating Thumbnail for Layer [geonode:Hospitals]
Error when generating the thumbnail for resource 1.
Check permissions for file
thumbs/layer-715d1bb2-0b72-11e9-99f5-0a80530f2042-thumb.png.
running configuration <ConfigParser.SafeConfigParser instance at
0x7f60b3390320>
Setting language
/home/ubuntu/Envs/geonode/src/geonode/geonode/catalogue/backends/pycsw_local_mappings.py
Setting MaxRecordDefault
Querying repository with ids: 715d1bb2-0b72-11e9-99f5-0a80530f2042
Request processed
Writing response.
[updated] Layer Hospitals (1/1)

Finished processing 1 layers in 10.0 seconds.

0 Created layers
1 Updated layers
0 Failed layers
10.000000 seconds per layer

But this didn't solve the issue and these image links are still not
working. The site is live and you can check the layers on
http://ec2-13-229-139-226.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com/layers/?limit=20&offset=0.
Can you please check and let me know if you can find what could be the
possible issue?

Best regards,
Syed Ramiz Sami