[GeoNode-users] Uploading Shapefile(Polygon features) - Displaying as Point in GeoNode Map/layer View

Jose Cáceres jose.atyus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 10:51:56 PDT 2019

Hi Naresh,

As mentioned by Julierme, you feature is a polygon, and I can edit it just
fine in a Geonode deploy, so I don't think that the problem you are having
is related to the shapefile. You can see it on a map in here:

http://206.189.229.38/maps/189/view

Kind regards,

[image: Mailtrack]
Remitente
notificado con
Mailtrack
09/04/19
11:49:16

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 4:34 AM Naresh N <naresh919 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> Thanks for responding. Please find the attached Shapefile of polygon.
> After Uploading any shapfiile of type polygon/line, in GeoNode Map/Layer
> viewer, only point is visible. I have verified the code/db, the issue is
> point SLD is applied for uploaded data independent of feature type . And
> also in Layer/Map Viewer ---> EDIT --> *CREATE option* is *disabled.*
>
> Please kindly help us in GeoNode which part of code/file verifies
> feature/Geometry type(Polygon/lIne/point) of Shapefile and assigns
> corresponding default SLD
>
> Kindly help us to resolve the issues
>

> Thanks&Regards,
> Naresh.N
>
> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 2:58 AM juliermeopensourcedeveloper [via OSGeo.org]
> <ml+s1560n5401239h2 at n6.nabble.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Naresh,
>> Could you provide the shapefile you are having problem?
>> Kind regards
>> Julierme
>>
>> On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 at 08:28 Naresh N <[hidden email]
>> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5401239&i=0>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I have deployed the GeoNode 2.4 version by following  the instructions
>>>

>>> http://docs.geonode.org/en/2.4.x/tutorials/install_and_admin/setup_on_centos/index.html
>>>

>>> *ISSUE : *When I am uploading shapefile(polygon), it is taking the
>>> default point SLD. Hence when I am viewing the Uploaded Shapfeil(polygon)
>>> as WMS in Map/Layer View , it is displaying as point.
>>>
>>> *Kindly help me to resolve this issue. *
>>>
>>> GeoNode Deployed system configuration are
>>>
>>> *OS:*RHEL 7.2, 64 bit , GeoNode2.4 version
>>>
>>> Please let me know any other information required further to understand
>>> the issue.
>>>
>>> Thanks&Regards,
>>> Naresh.N

>> .
>> NAML
>> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

José David Cáceres
Ingeniero Ambiental
Máster en Tecnologías de la Información Geográfica
e-mail: jose.atyus at gmail.com