[Portugal] Cartographer (by Google) is a library for real-time simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) in 2D and 3D

Artur Gil arturgil gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 18 de Outubro de 2016 - 02:17:20 PDT

Cartographer <https://github.com/googlecartographer> is a library for
real-time simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) in 2D and 3D with Robot
Operating System <http://www.ros.org/about-ros/> (ROS) support. Combining
data from a variety of sensors, this library computes positioning and maps
surroundings. This is a key element of self-driving cars, UAVs and robotics
as well as efforts to map the insides of famous buildings
<https://www.zeitgeistminds.com/talk/5604289821016064/amit-sood-the-peoples-museum-amit-sood>.
More information on Cartographer can be found in our blog post announcing
its release
<http://opensource.googleblog.com/2016/10/introducing-cartographer.html>.

This is just a small sampling of what we’ve released this year. Follow
the Google
Open Source Blog <https://opensource.googleblog.com/> to stay apprised of
Google’s open source software, hardware and data releases.

*By Josh Simmons, Open Source Programs Office*

*Fonte: **https://opensource.googleblog.com/
<https://opensource.googleblog.com/>*