[postgis-users] Throughput/performance for postGIS

Gregory S. Williamson gsw at globexplorer.com
Thu Aug 7 15:44:36 PDT 2003

I would think so, too. Still, some idea of how people have done with somewhat smaller loads might help us.

Informix charges a few tens-of-thousands of dollars for a runtime license ... we can throw a lot of hardware at the issue (getting cheaper all the time), and our engineering staff tells me they are confident about being able to pool many database servers. And if we add some code/testing to postgres/GIS, so much the better.

Of course, it figures that we've just gotten most of our Informix issues squared away so we'll be changing now.

Well, something new to learn, at least !

Thanks for your participation in the users' groups.

Greg W.