[postgis-users] No connection?

Roman Meier mapserver at gismap.ch
Fri Aug 8 11:33:30 PDT 2003

Hi list
I finally succeded to install postgresql with postgis on cygwin. It took me
quite a long time but it works now. I used the non-unix installation guide
for this (standard procedure). I also could build my first layer in
postgresql. I did everything more or less as written in the guide.
Now - the problem is, that my simple itasca-style-mapserver cant access the
built layer in postgresql. Mapserver gives the following error:

--> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'great_lakes'.

What more can I say? The mapserver-cgi and apache run outside of cygwin, but
on the same machine. Could this be the problem?

Thanks, Roman