[QGIS-Developer] all profile removed, still OWS connections, where stored?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Nov 29 05:20:48 PST 2017

On 29-11-17 13:51, Régis Haubourg wrote:
> Hi,
> we just realized that QGISCUSTOMIZATION2.conf is still used, it is not
> creating a QGISCUSTOMIZATION3.conf.
> I suppose it's a bug? Anyone confirms?
>
> Régis

Régis,

Are you sure it is actually used or is it 'migrated'.

What I found was that if I not remove:
~/.local/share/QGIS
and from qgis2.18:
~/.qgis2
~/.config/QGIS  <= this is in registry in Windows
then I do not startup with a clean 3.0 sheet.

You will also end up with svg-paths to 2.18 qgis paths.

@nathan? would it not be nicer to ask a user if he wants to bring the
qsettings from 2.x over to 3 or not? Only the first time this migration
is done isn't it?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde