[OSGeo-Edu] "OSGeo Teach-in" event proposal

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Tue Jun 24 00:16:40 EDT 2008

Another way to think of this is to have the disclaimer come from the point
of view of the author.  In which case it might read something like this:

"The authors of this tutorial believe that its content is consistent with
goal of the OSGeo foundation to create a global, open access repository of
educational material related to open source geospatial theory and
technologies. Any mistakes, misrepresentations, or inaccuracies are the
authors' alone."

This way, any author can use the OSGeo logo if they think that their work is
in line with OSGeo goals. In the same way that anyone can join OSGeo if they
think that they have something to offer. However, this statement would make
it very clear that the tutorial has been opted-in by the author, not
developed "by" the OSGeo foundation.

This also leaves room for a tutorial to have additional statements about the
level of peer review, external testing, etc. as needed.

- Dan

amesdani at isu.edu
www.hydromap.com